January 23, 2008

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name!"  -Psalm 103:1

Yesterday my day was full of scans and tests. I had an echocardiogram, an EKG, a CT scan  and a bone scan. Since yesterday was Mike's 30th birthday, we still tried to have a normal evening. The nurse who accesses my port each time I come here gave us a really great place to go for dinner, and there is an outlet mall across the street from the hotel we are staying at this time, so we stopped in there as well. I went to bed last night with a lot of anticipation for the results from the tests. I did not sleep very well because it was all I could think about... and....
I finally have good news! So, here is what the doctor told us this afternoon. The lesion I had on my sternum is no longer there. In fact, it is showing the beginning stages of bone regrowth already. This is taken straight from the report given to the doctor: "There are osteoblastic changes of the sternum replacing the osteolytic lesion seen on 9/12/2007 consistent with healing process..." The doctor also told me that the scans of my neck indicate no traces of any sort of cancer or tumor was ever there, and only a slight case of arthritis is seen. My heart scans came back 100% normal and functioning. His opinion is that because of my cold and because my hemoglobin dropped as well as my white blood cell counts, that could cause a higher heart rate. The cardiologist said that it looked great. So...
For now, I will continue with my current therapy. He did not want to discontinue anything yet because I am getting such a great response from it. They will do 6 more cycles of chemotherapy and then do the scans again.
I just have to thank everyone who checks this and continues to pray for me and for my family. I have always believed in the power of prayer, and that it is not an outdated form of treatment.  Ever since Jeff got sick I have wanted so badly to prove it, and I am so thankful for the news I got today. It is proof!
I am emailing this update home, and Mike and I are on our way to the infusion center to start my treatment. Please continue to pray for us, and for safety driving back home tomorrow. I will update again when I get home!

Click here to go back to my updates